Over time, with age and certain life events, skin becomes weaker and begins loosening or sagging. Surgical and non-surgical skin tightening treatments have been developed to reduce sagging, creating a firmer, healthier appearance. Contact Modern Surgical Arts of Denver in Denver, CO, today to create your personalized skin-tightening treatment plan.
Why Does Skin Sag?
Skin is the largest organ in the body, and as you age, it undergoes many changes. Among these changes, skin tends to lose elasticity, causing it to soften and sag. Many individuals of varying ages deal with sagging skin for one reason or another.
For example, certain circumstances cause the skin to stretch, including pregnancy and weight gain, and once a person gives birth or loses weight, the skin may not be able to bounce back to where it previously was. Additionally, as the skin matures with age, the production of two essential proteins, collagen and elastin, decreases. Collagen helps keep the skin firm and plump. Elastin is often compared to a rubber band, as it helps skin “snap back” when stretched.
As the production of these proteins slows, the skin can develop wrinkles and a sagging appearance. Regardless of the reason, if you’re interested in improving the look and health of your skin, a skin tightening procedure may be available to help you.
What Is the Purpose of Loose Skin Tightening?
Dealing with sagging skin in any part of the body can hinder your self-confidence. Fortunately, skin tightening treatments and procedures can tackle your concerns and help give you firmer, rejuvenated skin. Depending on the area of the body you wish to treat, these procedures can help strengthen and tighten the skin, improving your natural contours and curves. A loose skin tightening treatment can give you the boost of confidence you need from the inside out.
Areas of the Body Skin Tightening Can Treat
Many areas of the body are prone to sagging skin. Skin tightening procedures and treatments are most commonly performed in the following areas:
Depending on the procedure you choose, we may be able to treat multiple areas at once. We can create your ideal treatment plan based on your needs to help you reach your aesthetic goals.
How Does Skin Tightening Work?
Skin tightening works in many ways, all depending on the type of treatment or procedure you choose. Some procedures surgically remove excess skin and tissue and tighten the remaining skin. By doing so, your skin looks firmer, and you don’t have to deal with extra, loose skin.
Other procedures work to tighten the skin from within. By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, over time, skin becomes stronger, helping with the appearance of sagging. The best procedure or treatment for you will depend on your skin, concerns, and desired outcome. We are happy to provide direction and tailor our approach to suit your needs.
Types of Skin Tightening Procedures and Treatments
Skin tightening treatments have come a long way throughout the years. There are several options for skin tightening, including surgical and non-surgical choices.
Surgical Skin Tightening
Surgical procedures take a more invasive approach to reducing sagging and tightening the skin. Based on your needs, we may recommend the following procedures:
- Facelift: A facelift procedure aims to tighten the skin on the face, which, in turn, reduces signs of aging, like lines and wrinkles.
- Brow Lift: A brow lift procedure tightens the skin around the eyebrows and forehead to give a more rejuvenated and “awake” look.
- Neck Lift: A neck lift can improve looseness around the neck area and minimize the appearance of wrinkles, jowls, and double chin — 1-hour neck lifts are commonly used to achieve quick results.
- Tummy Tuck: An abdominoplasty, also called a tummy tuck, removes excess skin and fat from the abdominal area and tightens the underlying muscles.
- Arm Lift: An arm lift procedure targets extra skin and tissue on the arms that contribute to sagging, often referred to as “bat wings.”
- Thigh and Butt Lift: Thigh and butt lifts can tighten loose skin around the thighs and buttocks.
- Vaser Liposuction: While liposuction aims to reduce fat, Vaser technology simultaneously works to tighten and tone skin.
At Modern Surgical Arts of Denver, we can customize your surgical treatment to help target the areas that concern you most. Post-operatively, we schedule follow-up appointments and provide detailed aftercare instructions to help you make the most out of your new look.
Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
Nowadays, there are many non-surgical, minimally invasive skin tightening treatments to improve the tone and strength of your skin. Some of the most popular treatments we offer include:
- Renuvion J-Plasma: With Renuvion, radiofrequency energy and helium gas are introduced through a small incision in the skin, creating a plasma field to tighten the skin.
- Morpheus8 Microneedling: Microneedling is made better with the Morpheus8, using bipolar radiofrequency energy to alter skin tissue and work from within.
- Laser Treatments: Laser treatments resurface the skin, revealing newer, healthier, tighter skin.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels gently remove the outer layer of skin to show off new, firm skin.
While non-surgical skin tightening procedures are minimally invasive, they can still be powerful enough to effectively tighten skin and give you a youthful glow.
Discover Which Skin Tightening Treatment Is Right for You
Skin tightening treatments, whether surgical or non-surgical, may be just what you need to give yourself the gift of tighter, rejuvenated skin. Even a 1-hour neck lift could bring long-lasting results. Contact us at Modern Surgical Arts of Denver in Denver, CO, today to schedule your consultation.